Do these questions sound familiar?
- Do online music lessons seem scary and daunting?
- Do you know what equipment and technology you need to teach a successful online lesson?
- Do you know how to set up and use your equipment?
- What about finding students?
- Or getting paid?
- Or setting up your policy?
- Or knowing which activities can be successful in an online lesson?
- Are there specific teaching tips you should use for online lessons?
- How about pros and cons of online teaching?
- Or troubleshooting when something goes wrong?
- Do you ever say to yourself, “I wish I could stop teaching so many makeup lessons.”
- Or “I’m moving soon and I don’t want to leave all of my students behind!”
- Or “I wish I had more students.”
- Or “I need to switch to teaching online lessons right away!”
If you can relate to any of these questions, then this quick start course is exactly what you need to get your online piano studio up and running!
How can this ebook help?
Eliminate the overwhelm, put your fears behind you, and learn to be a successful and confident online teacher with the step-by-step information included in my eBook course “Teaching Music Lessons Online”.
Learn what equipment you will need, how to set it up, the pros and cons of online lessons, how to teach an online lesson, tips for teachers & students, and much more in this eBook course. It is divided into topics, chapters, and workbook pages, so it is easy to read only what you have time for or review a chapter that especially interests you.
Check out the ebook!
- Benefits of teaching online
- Turning the cons into pros
- Basic technology setup
- ⭐️ ADDED 3/25/20: More specific tips and setup instructions
- Enhanced technology setup
- ⭐️ ADDED 3/25/20: Webcam tutorials for FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom
- Platforms for teaching
- Equipment needed
- Policies for online lessons
- How to get paid for teaching online lessons
- Teaching tips for online lessons
- Student tips to make everything go smoothly
- Recitals for online students
- ⭐️ ADDED 3/18/20: Activities for online students
- ⭐️ ADDED 4/1/20: Video tutorials! (See the Table of Contents for instructions to access the videos)
- Introduction to my technology setup for online piano lessons
- Using GoodNotes & Dropbox for online piano lessons
- Using ManyCam’s multiple webcam views
- Using ManyCam with Zoom to show your iPad to students during a lesson
- Configuring ManyCam’s multiple camera presets for an optimal viewing experience for your students
- Screen share and annotate on scores with Kindle app for iPad (⭐️ 5/11/20)
⭐️ ADDED 4/3/20 & 4/16/2020: More Videos: Modifying your favorite apps to play them in an online piano lesson
- Flash Note Derby with Zoom Screen Share
- Chord Recognition with Tenuto & Zoom Screen Share
- Flash Note Derby with ManyCam
- Note Rush with Zoom Screen Share (⭐️ 4/20/20)
- Students can annotate in Zoom screen share (⭐️ 4/21/20)
- ⭐️ NEW 4/21/20: Lesson Segments allow you to take a peek into my online studio!
- Working on dynamics & articulation in Zoom (⭐️ 4/21/20)
- Scales & chords in Zoom (⭐️ 4/21/20)
- Teaching a very young student with the GoodNotes app for iPad and Zoom screen share (⭐️ 5/11/20)
- Working on noticing elements in the score with a young student, using the GoodNotes App (⭐️ 5/26/20)
- Preparing to practice: Score study (⭐️ 5/27/20)
- Chapter prep pages
- Workbook pages with questions to help you navigate your online teaching questions
- Note taking pages to use as you read each chapter
- And more!
- This Quick Start eBook contains 90 easy-to-read pages in 8 chapters, and more chapters will be added soon!
- Free updates for life
- More information is being added to the book weekly!
You may remember my “Getting Started with Online Lessons” webinar course from 2014-2017. This is a revamp and overhaul of that webinar being offered at a deeply discounted price, with new chapters coming soon, in eBook and workbook format for ease of use.
If you purchased my webinar during that time, message me through my contact form with proof of purchase and I’ll send you a coupon code to download this newly updated eBook course for free.
How to Get the eBook
If you want to be the most forward-thinking and trend-setting teacher on the block, if you would love to increase your client base, teaching hours, and income, and if you want to offer experiences to students around the world that they will remember for years to come, then online teaching might be just what you’ve been looking for!
Join me as I answer your burning questions about online music lessons, help you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to start teaching online lessons, and help you discover ways to expand your studio offerings, set your studio apart, and take your studio to the next level!
Start your online lessons journey by purchasing my eBook course HERE. You’ll receive a PDF download of the eBook course.
“For any teacher wanting to start teaching online lessons or for helpful suggestions for teachers already teaching with this technology, Melody Payne’s course is chock-full of practical suggestions. I highly recommend it!”
-Dr. Steve Betts, Dean for the College of Humanities, Southern Nazarene University
“The attention to detail and step by step guidance provided was presented in a way that was easily accessible for all who wish to jump into the internet pool and not sink!”
“This course was such a blessing! Before watching it, my family just moved several hours away. I was hoping to keep some of my students, but very nervous about trying online lessons. Melody gave me the encouragement and confidence I needed. My lessons have been a huge success and I’m so grateful!”
“Dr. Melody Payne’s online lesson course is a terrific course for teachers who are thinking about teaching online but have been hesitant to jump in. Melody calms any fears that teachers may be feeling and goes through tips and tricks even including ways to have fun with students online. It is the perfect environment to learn and gain confidence in your online teaching experience.”
-Jennifer Foxx, Music Educator Resources