Do these questions and statements sound familiar?
- Why is the thought of teaching online piano lessons so scary?
- What equipment and technology do I need for online piano lessons?
- How do I set up and use my equipment?
- What kind of policies do I need?
- How do I find students?
- Which activities can be successful in an online lesson?
- How do I get paid?
- Are there specific teaching tips I should use for online lessons?
- How do I put together an online piano recital?
- How do I troubleshoot if something goes wrong?
- I wish I could stop teaching so many makeup lessons.
- I’m moving soon and I don’t want to leave all of my students behind!
- I wish I had more students.
- I need to switch to teaching online lessons right away!
If you can relate to any of these questions, then this quick start course is exactly what you need to get your online piano studio up and running!
How can this ebook guide help?
Eliminate the overwhelm, put your fears behind you, and learn to be a successful and confident online teacher with the step-by-step information included in my eBook course “Teaching Music Lessons Online”.
Learn what equipment you will need, how to set it up, the pros and cons of online lessons, how to teach an online lesson, tips for teachers & students, and much more in this eBook course. It is divided into topics, chapters, and workbook pages, so it is easy to read only what you have time for or review a chapter that especially interests you.
Check out the ebook!
Contents of this Quick Start Guide:
- This Quick Start eBook contains 144 easy-to-read pages in 13 chapters, with hyperlinked pages.
- Chapter prep pages to prepare your mindset for each chapter
- Workbook pages with questions to help you navigate your online teaching questions
- Note taking pages to use as you read each chapter
- How to Access the Tutorial Videos
- Links to Equipment
- Note from Melody
- Chapter 1: Benefits of Online Lessons
- Transcript of Student Interview
- Chapter 2: Tackling the “Less Positives”
- Chapter 3: The Basic Setup
- Sample Setup Handout for Parents
- Chapter 4: The Enhanced Setup
- Transcript of Student Interview
- Chapter 5: Building Your Online Studio
- Sample Letter to Parents
- Chapter 6: Policies and Payments
- Chapter 7: Lesson Preparation
- Chapter 8: Recitals for Online Students
- Chapter 9: Activities for Online Students
- Chapter 10: Games for Online Students
- Chapter 11: Worksheets for Online Students
- Chapter 12: Licensed Digital Sheet Music
- Chapter 13: Physical Wellness Tips
- About the Author
- Contact Information
- Free updates for life
Purchasing this eBook also gives you FREE access to the videos listed below:
- Video tutorials! (See the eBook download for instructions to access the videos)
- Introduction to my technology setup for online piano lessons
- Using GoodNotes & Dropbox for online piano lessons
- How to Use ManyCam’s multiple webcam views
- Using ManyCam with Zoom to show your iPad to students during a lesson
- Configuring ManyCam’s multiple camera presets for an optimal viewing experience for your students
- Screen share and annotate on scores with Kindle app for iPad
- More Videos: Modifying your favorite apps to play them in an online piano lesson
- Flash Note Derby with Zoom Screen Share
- Chord Recognition with Tenuto & Zoom Screen Share
- Flash Note Derby with ManyCam
- Note Rush with Zoom Screen Share
- Students can annotate in Zoom screen share
- Lesson Segments allow you to take a peek into my online studio!
- Working on dynamics & articulation in Zoom
- Scales & chords in Zoom
- Teaching a very young student with the GoodNotes app for iPad and Zoom screen share
- Working on noticing elements in the score with a young student, using the GoodNotes App
- Preparing to practice: Score study
How to Get the eBook
If you want to be the most forward-thinking piano teacher in town, if you would love to increase your client base, teaching hours, and income, and if you want to offer experiences to students around the world that will help them grow as musicians, then online teaching might be just what you’ve been looking for!
Join me as I answer your burning questions about online music lessons, help you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to start teaching online lessons, and help you discover ways to expand your studio offerings, set your studio apart, and take your studio to the next level!
Start your online lessons journey by purchasing my eBook guide HERE. You’ll receive a PDF download of the complete eBook guide.
“For any teacher wanting to start teaching online lessons or for helpful suggestions for teachers already teaching with this technology, Melody Payne’s course is chock-full of practical suggestions. I highly recommend it!”
-Dr. Steve Betts, Dean for the College of Humanities, Southern Nazarene University
“The attention to detail and step by step guidance provided was presented in a way that was easily accessible for all who wish to jump into the internet pool and not sink!”
“This course was such a blessing! Before watching it, my family just moved several hours away. I was hoping to keep some of my students, but very nervous about trying online lessons. Melody gave me the encouragement and confidence I needed. My lessons have been a huge success and I’m so grateful!”
“Dr. Melody Payne’s online lesson course is a terrific course for teachers who are thinking about teaching online but have been hesitant to jump in. Melody calms any fears that teachers may be feeling and goes through tips and tricks even including ways to have fun with students online. It is the perfect environment to learn and gain confidence in your online teaching experience.”
-Jennifer Foxx, Music Educator Resources