Welcome to the Melody Payne Piano Studio website!
Thanks so much for your interest in piano lessons! Click the links to learn more about:
- What kind of piano you’ll need
- Piano Lesson FAQ’s & policies
- General information about me as well as my formal bio
- Photos of the piano studio and waiting area
Please enjoy our 2020 virtual piano ensemble recital:
What sets my studio apart?
My studio is unique from most others in this region for several reasons. Here are a few of my favorites.
- I teach students not only how to play the piano, but to read music fluently and to speak the language of music so they can communicate it through their performances.
- My students learn to be independent musicians, which increases their self-confidence not only in music, but in other areas of their lives.
- Technology is a valuable tool that my students and I use to enhance the learning experience in a variety of ways (music learning apps, lessons via Skype and FaceTime, using videos for self-evaluation, and much more).
- Students in my studio have the opportunity to study a wide variety of musical styles, and I teach everything from Classical to Pop to Contemporary Christian, Hymns, Broadway tunes, the Blues, duets, and more.
- Students are involved in a variety of programs and educational challenges throughout the year.
- Students have multiple performance opportunities throughout the year.
- We have a TON of fun!
Lesson & Tuition Options
Lesson options include 30-minute lessons, 45-minute lessons, and hour lessons. 30-minute lessons are generally reserved for first and second year students, and once students reach their third year, they are usually ready for 45-minute lessons. We would discuss this when the time arrives.
For the investment of piano lessons, tuition is charged as one yearly fee (contact me for current tuition rates), and there are two payment options to choose from for your convenience:
- Flat monthly payments divided equally across ten months
- Two equal semester payments
In addition to the tuition investment, there is also a $100 yearly enrollment fee that covers all books and materials for the entire year, plus any fees for recitals or other performances, as well as costs and materials for attending group classes in which several students meet together on occasion.
How to Enroll
I’m currently accepting new K-12 piano students. It would be a joy to work with your child! Please use the contact form to get in touch, and we’ll arrange to meet in person in my studio for a free mini-lesson. If I have openings in my studio at that time, we will complete the enrollment paperwork, you’ll pay the enrollment fee, and lessons will begin soon after that.
I look forward to working with your child and giving your child an amazing set of skills that can be used for a lifetime!
Ready to enroll your child in piano lessons?
What my wonderful piano families are saying . . .
Dr. Kimberly Austin, Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education