Who We Are
Our website address is https://melodypayne.com
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
- When you sign up for our newsletter or the resource library, your name and email address are collected by a 3rd party app for the sole purpose of adding you to the newsletter list or resource library list.
- When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
- When you use our contact form, your name and email address are collected for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry.
- The information is not used for marketing purposes.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- This site uses Google Analytics for the sole purpose of tracking traffic to the site.
Who We Share Your Data With
- Emails are collected through 3rd parties.
- You can disable cookies by changing your browser settings.
- We are not responsible for the content of this blog when it is shared to other sites without our permission.
How Long We Retain Your Data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- Google Analytics records are kept for 14 months.
- If you sign up for the newsletter or resource library, your name and email address are kept for as long as you are a member. You can unsubscribe at any time.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How We Protect Your Data
- We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
- Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
- The Company may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have in Place
- You will be contacted within 72 hours
In 2009, the FTC updated their guidelines regarding product endorsements and affiliate links. Since this blog is a source of income for us, we felt it was important to disclose the following information to you, our readers:
- The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely ours, and we only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
- The content of this blog may contain affiliate links that promote products that we write about.
- The compensation received from those links will never influence the content, topics, or posts made in this blog.
- We may mention products or services without specifically referencing that they are connected to an affiliate link, but all posts containing an affiliate link will include a link to this disclosure page.
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Any sale that is made through an affiliate link provides us with a small commission. You will never be charged for this commission. It is paid directly from the company with whom we are affiliated.
- Third parties, through the Google AdSense program, may be placing and reading cookies on your browsers to provide you with relevant ads.
- You can read more here: How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners’ Sites or Apps
- Operating expenses for a blog can be costly, so we provide affiliate links and ads to help generate income to cover those expenses.
- Each and every day that this blog exists, our number one priority is your trust. We will never compromise our standards or the truth to make money.
Disclosure of your information
- As a general rule, we do not sell, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer any information collected whether automatically or through your voluntary action.
- We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers for the purpose of providing our services to you.
- We may disclose your personal information to a third party, including a lawyer or collection agency, when necessary to enforce our terms of service or any other agreement between you and the Company.
- We may provide your information to any successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganizing, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets and/or business.
- We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
- If you are outside the European Union and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by Us on our Website, we will automatically enroll you to receive our free email newsletter. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you every have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to email@example.com requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
- If you are in the European Union and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by Us on our Website, we will only enroll you to receive our free email newsletter if you affirmatively consent to it. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you every have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights
- If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data producers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
- We love it when you let others know about our site! You may pin images from this site to Pinterest, you may share articles using the social sharing buttons at the bottom of each post, and you may download resources from the site for personal use only.
- However, you may not use any of the images or information on your own site without obtaining written permission first, unless you are sharing about one of our posts within an article on your site. In this case, you are welcome to use one or two images within your article, as long as you link directly back to our original article.
- All articles, images, and text on this website are copyrighted by Melody Payne, with all rights reserved.
- Visiting this website or becoming a subscriber to the newsletter does not grant you permission to copy, reproduce, or claim as your own any information or service obtained from this website.
- You may not create derivative works from the information or images on this site, and you may not sell or give them away to any individual.
- Contact Melody Payne at email@example.com
Effective as of February 19, 2020.