If you’re beginning to teach online piano lessons for the first time and you need some tips, or if you’re moving your entire piano studio online, this book will help you plan and start your online studio, set up and learn how to use the best technology for online piano lessons, and build the online piano studio you’ve been imagining.
By following the suggestions and worksheets in this eBook, you’ll learn tips for teaching piano lessons online, how to use technology in online piano lessons, how to become a confident online piano teacher, how to use sheet music, worksheets, and activities in online piano lessons, and so much more!
This eBook download is a PDF. You can print it out so you can write in it, or you can use it on your iPad and write in it with your Apple Pencil, stylus, or even your finger. You can open the PDF file on your laptop or desktop computer and read it there as well.
The links in the eBook are hyperlinked. This means the table of contents is linked to the chapters by clicking the title of each chapter, the eBook contains links to outside resources mentioned in the book, and it is incredibly easy to navigate.
Contents of this Quick Start Guide:
- This Quick Start eBook contains 144 easy-to-read pages in 13 chapters, with hyperlinked pages.
- Chapter prep pages to prepare your mindset for each chapter
- Workbook pages with questions to help you navigate your online teaching questions
- Note taking pages to use as you read each chapter
- How to Access the Tutorial Videos
- Links to Equipment
- Note from Melody
- Chapter 1: Benefits of Online Piano Lessons
- Transcript of Student Interview
- Chapter 2: Tackling the “Less Positives”
- Chapter 3: The Basic Setup for Online Piano Lessons
- Sample Setup Handout for Parents
- Chapter 4: The Enhanced Setup
- Transcript of Student Interview
- Chapter 5: Building Your Online Studio
- Sample Letter to Parents
- Chapter 6: Policies and Payments for Online Piano Lessons
- Chapter 7: Lesson Preparation
- Chapter 8: Recitals for Online Students
- Chapter 9: Activities for Online Students
- Chapter 10: Games for Online Students
- Chapter 11: Worksheets for Online Students
- Chapter 12: Licensed Digital Sheet Music
- Chapter 13: Physical Wellness Tips for Online Piano Teachers
- About the Author
- Contact Information
- Free updates for life
Purchasing this eBook also gives you FREE access to the videos listed below:
- Video tutorials! (See the eBook download for instructions to access the videos)
- Introduction to my technology setup for online piano lessons
- Using GoodNotes & Dropbox for online piano lessons
- How to Use ManyCam’s multiple webcam views
- Using ManyCam with Zoom to show your iPad to students during a lesson
- Configuring ManyCam’s multiple camera presets for an optimal viewing experience for your students
- Screen share and annotate on scores with Kindle app for iPad
- More Videos: Modifying your favorite apps to play them in an online piano lesson
- Flash Note Derby with Zoom Screen Share
- Chord Recognition with Tenuto & Zoom Screen Share
- Flash Note Derby with ManyCam
- Note Rush with Zoom Screen Share
- Students can annotate in Zoom screen share
- Lesson Segments allow you to take a peek into my online studio!
- Working on dynamics & articulation in Zoom
- Scales & chords in Zoom
- Teaching a very young student with the GoodNotes app for iPad and Zoom screen share
- Working on noticing elements in the score with a young student, using the GoodNotes App
- Preparing to practice: Score study
Nancy Saunders –
Outstanding publication! Answered all the questions I had about teaching online, and I still refer to it.
Dorla Aparicio –
This resource is excellent. Melody did such a good job of explaining EVERYTHING. Highly recommend ❤️