This HUGE “I Have, Who Has?” BUNDLE of 10 music games will make reviewing music concepts a breeze! Review music symbols, instruments, rhythms, key signatures, and more in a fun and hands-on way, increase your students’ retention of musical symbol and instrument names and rhythm reading, and have fun at the same time. Your students won’t even realize they’re learning and reviewing!
This Bundle of 10 Music Games Includes:
Details for each game are included at the links below. Click each link to take a closer look at each individual game.
- Musical Instruments (monster theme)
- Rhythm (owl theme)
- Music symbols (monster theme)
- Music symbols (Halloween)
- Rhythm (Halloween)
- Music symbols (Christmas)
- Major key signatures (Christmas)
- Piano finger numbers (winter theme)
- Music symbols (Valentine’s Day)
- Music symbols (St. Patrick’s Day)
Each music symbols game presents the symbols in a different order.
What music concepts are reviewed in this collection of music games?
- Note values
- Rhythm values
- Time signatures
- Articulation markings
- Parts of the grand staff
How can these music games help students?
Learning through play increases retention, and these games are the perfect tool to help students review music concepts in a fun, hands-on way. Whether students are learning piano finger numbers, key signatures, instruments, rhythm, music symbols, or dynamics, this set of games has what you need to ensure your students are grasping and remembering the concepts they learn in their piano lessons.
These fun and interactive I Have Who Has music games are also great tools for teaching cooperation, teamwork, encouragement, and more!
How do you play “I Have, Who Has”?
- Print the cards onto card stock (you can print the game cards only, and there’s also a page of cards that you can print on the backs of all the other pages of cards to help keep your decks organized).
- Cut out the cards and laminate if desired.
- Shuffle the cards and give them to your students. They shouldn’t let one another see their cards.
- The student who has the first card says, “I have the first card. Who has… (they identify the symbol on their card, which could be “forte”.).
- Students will look at their cards, and the student who has forte says, “I have forte. Who has… (they identify the symbol on their card, which might be “treble clef”).
- The student who has treble clef says, “I have treble clef, who has (names symbol on their card)?”
- The game continues until the last card is reached. “The end!”
- Use the customizable blank cards to create additional cards for the game, to create cards that are perfect for your students’ current needs, or to create a card that shortens the game and ends it earlier if you are short on time.
Ideas for differentiation
I Have, Who Has music games can be played by students of a variety of ages and levels. Here are some ideas:
- Beginning students and students who are already familiar with these symbols can play together:
- Use cards with music terms for your beginners
- Use cards without music terms for students who are already familiar with the symbols
- Create individualized cards with the blank cards that are included:
- Additional cards for the game
- Cards that are perfect for your students’ current needs
- A different starting card so the game is different every time
- A card that shortens the game and ends it earlier
- The most important thing to remember when playing I Have, Who Has music games is to have as much fun as possible!
Storing and Organizing the Game Cards
I love storing these game cards in colorful 4×6 photo boxes like these (affiliate link). They are my favorites because they’re the perfect size, and the colors are vibrant and fun!
What Teachers Are Saying About This Bundle:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students love playing I Have, Who Has! This is a great review game, and also a great game at the end of a lesson if you need an activity! The cards are also super cute!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These cards are such a great ‘reward’ activity to use. My students always adore playing this and it does really test them as well!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These cards are SO pretty and visually appealing! This bundle is terrific!! Love the graphics and the printer-friendly options! Thank you!”