In this post, I’ll be sharing information about one of my favorite piano studio tools: My Music Staff! Continue reading to learn how I integrate it seamlessly with how I run my business, how it saves me tons of time and effort, and how much easier it makes practically every aspect of studio management. Streamline the business side of your studio with the best piano studio management software created for piano teachers: My Music Staff.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through an affiliate link, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. For more information, read the disclosure statement here.
What is My Music Staff?
My Music Staff, MMS, is web-based studio management software that can help you with a variety of administrative tasks that you do for your piano studio. It’s like having your own personal assistant!
If you’re an independent studio owner, or if you own a music academy with multiple teachers, MMS can automate many of your administrative tasks to give you more freedom in your schedule to do what you really love – teach!
MMS includes the following:
- Online enrollment form that integrates with your own website
- Student/Parent portal
- Teacher portal
- Easily import your student information from a spreadsheet
- Invoicing, with the option to set up automatic invoicing and have parents pay online via credit card (game changer!)
- Calendar/lesson schedule, which can be set up to send reminders to your studio families before their weekly lessons
- Lesson notes that you can email to the parent or students with a single click
- Attendance records
- Repertoire lists
- Practice logs
- Lending library
- Your subscription to MMS includes a hosted website
- MMS works for multi-teacher studios
- A great library of help documents
- A friendly and helpful Facebook community
- A library of tutorial videos on YouTube
- And more!
How can MMS help piano teachers?
- MMS helps you keep track of your lesson schedule, and you can sync the MMS calendar with your own calendar so your schedule is always at your fingertips. I set my calendar to remind me of each lesson 5 minutes before the lesson begins, so I’m always on time.
- Piano parents can sync their calendar with MMS and always have access to their child’s lesson schedule.
- MMS can send automatic text and email reminders about lessons to piano parents so your students will never have to say “I forgot” again!
- MMS makes invoicing and online payments simple.
- It easily integrates with Zoom, FaceTime, and Skype so you can connect for your online lessons from within the MMS platform.
- You can type lesson notes as your lesson is occurring in the convenient Lesson Notes section of MMS.
- You can keep track of all of your income and expenses for your music teaching business (including additional income streams) and run a simple report to give to your accountant at tax time.
- And so much more!
How do I use MMS?
- I use My Music Staff to help me with scheduling, invoicing, keeping track of payments, business mileage, and it even helps me get ready for tax time!
- It literally saves me hours of administrative time each month.
- I teach online piano lessons, so I open my Lesson Notes on my laptop and type assignments into the Lesson Notes during my online lessons. It’s so convenient and easy to use, and I can email the lesson notes to the parent or student with a single click at the end of the lesson.
- I like to create calendar categories that are color-coded so I can easily keep track of my schedule at a glance.
- I added my logo and my colors to my invoices so everything looks professionally branded and consistent.
- You can set it up to charge students by the lesson, by the month, or you can charge a single fee up front and have parents pay online for the entire year!
- Auto-pay is the best! A parent can set it up in the parent portal by adding their preferred credit card, then whenever an invoice is created, the credit card on file will automatically be charged. No more late payments!
- I also integrate the MMS enrollment form directly on my website. You can brand it with your own colors to match your website and customize the items you would like to include on the form. You can set up the form to automatically add an enrollment fee charge to the new student’s account. Click here to see my enrollment form.
How much does it cost?
- MMS is only $12.95 a month for a single teacher with unlimited students (multi-teacher studios pay an additional $3.95 a month per teacher), and you can write it off as a business expense on your taxes. It’s well worth the minimal cost!
- Think about how much time you currently spend on administrative tasks in your studio. With MMS, you can save tons of time, and you will actually end up ahead of the game financially by using MMS to manage so many of your admin tasks! You’ll have more available time to spend teaching piano lessons, and you can more than recover the monthly investment by adding a single student to your schedule!
Want to give it a try?
- Try it free for 30 days at mymusicstaff.com
- If you decide to sign up, use my affiliate link and we’ll both receive a free month.
- I’ve been using MMS since 2017, and I am so pleased with the level of professionalism it adds to my studio! It’s been a game changer for me, and I really don’t know what I did without it.
- Try MMS at mymusicstaff.com and see all the amazing things it can streamline for you!