Students in your piano studio will love this music symbols version of the popular “I Have…Who Has?” game. Review 42 musical symbols in a hands-on way, increase your students’ retention of musical symbol names, and have fun at the same time!
- Full color game cards both WITH and WITHOUT the names of the symbols
- Black and white game cards both with and without the names of the symbols
- Backs of the cards in case you want to print the monster and name of the game on the back of the cards to keep your games organized
- Answer key
- Editable page that you can use to add your own music symbols or to end the game early
- The game includes 42 music symbols:
- Note values
- Rhythm values
- Piano keys
- Parts of the grand staff
This game is best played in a group setting, but you can also play very easily with just teacher and student in a private lesson!
How to play:
- Print, cut out, shuffle, and distribute the cards to your students (or to your student and yourself if you’re playing in a private lesson).
- The person who has the first card reads from their card: “I have the first card. Who has whole note?” The person who has the whole note finds their card and reads “I have the whole note. Who has bass clef?” The person who has the bass clef finds their card and reads “I have the bass clef. Who has 4/4 time signature?”
- This continues until the game is over or until you run out of time.