The study of piano scales, chords, and arpeggios is extremely important to a pianist’s development. Beginning students of all ages will become Pentascales Superstars as they work through this valuable beginning piano technique book of pentascales, broken & block chords, and cross-hand arpeggios in all major and minor keys. Helper letters in each note head guide students to the correct piano keys. View the preview for a comparison chart of all 3 Superstar Scales piano technique books.
The First Steps to Superstar Scales book includes:
- Color and black and white versions
- Simplified circle of fifths
- All major pentascales, cross-hand arpeggios, and broken & block chords
- All minor pentascales, cross-hand arpeggios, and broken & block chords
- Activity page to reinforce each pentascale in a variety of ways
- “This book belongs to” student page
- Teacher pages
- Helpful hints
- Printing and binding instructions
- Student certificate of completion
- Studio license, so you only have to purchase it once and can use it with all of your students. That’s a tremendous savings!
View the preview for more details, information, photos, and a comparison chart of all 3 Superstar Scales books so you can choose the best book for each of your students.
How can this beginning piano technique book help your students?
First Steps to Superstar Scales is a terrific teaching aid that can help with:
- Piano technique
- Proper hand & finger position
- Sharps and flats
- Music theory
- Piano key geography
- And so much more!
Additional information about this Scales, Arpeggios, and Chords Book
- The colorful pages in First Steps to Superstar Scales are especially great for visual learning styles.
- The black and white version can track the scales a student has learned by having the student color the section after performing the scale.
- This book is perfect for students who are starting to learn pentascales for the first time.
- You can print and bind the pages for student use. I recommend a laminator for laminating the cover for durability (affiliate link).
- You can also 3-hole punch the pages and put them into your student’s piano binder. I love this 3-hole punch (affiliate link).
- You can use this piano technique book on your iPad in the GoodNotes app, or use on another tablet.
How To Use This Piano Technique Book Digitally
- Click here to learn an easy way to use the pages of this book digitally. This makes the book even more versatile because you can print the pages to use with your in-person piano students or use them on your iPad when you’re teaching online!
- Read an in-depth article about First Steps to Superstar Scales that includes fabulous additional teaching tips.