If your students are struggling with music composition, they will love these guided Easter composing worksheets! Step by step instructions lead students to compose their very own song about things related to Easter.
To make this composition activity super memorable for your students, have an Easter party at the end of the activity (complete with an Easter egg hunt!), as students are performing their compositions for each other, or perform them at your spring recital!
These steps are included in the Easter composing worksheets:
- Step 1: Writing descriptive words about Easter: Easter egg hunting, chocolate bunnies, Easter baskets, or sacred elements such as the Cross, the empty tomb, the Resurrection of Jesus, etc.
- Step 2: Adding rhythms to the words from step 1
- Step 3: Combining two or more rhythms to form motives
- Step 4: Using your voice to begin creating a melody
- Step 5: Transforming a picture of your voice into a melody
- Step 6: Writing the melody onto staff paper
- Step 7: Adding lyrics if desired
- Step 8: Adding a title, dynamics, and articulation
The Easter composing worksheets include:
- Worksheets for steps 1-4
- Flash cards and music alphabet cards for step 5
- Staff paper for step 6
- Instructions for steps 7-8
- Full color pages
- Black and white pages
Additional Information About this Easter composition activity
- This packet is great to use in multiple class sessions, lessons, group classes, and music camps
- I is a very versatile product that can appeal to multiple elementary age groups
- Even the youngest elementary students can be very successful when composing by following the simple steps included in this resource
- The pages can be used as slides, on iPad or other tablet, printed, and more
How To Use These Easter Composing Worksheets Digitally
This makes the worksheets even more versatile because you can print them to use with your in-person piano students or use them on your iPad when you’re teaching online!
Storing and Organizing the Flash Cards
I love storing these flash cards in colorful 4×6 photo boxes like these (affiliate link). They are my favorites because they’re the perfect size, and the colors are vibrant and fun!