If your students are struggling with music composition, they will love these guided Easter composing worksheets!
Step by step instructions will guide your elementary students to compose their very own song about things related to Easter.
To make this composition activity super memorable for your students, have an Easter performance party at the end of the activity, complete with an Easter egg hunt!
Students can also perform their compositions at your spring recital!
These steps are included in the Easter composing worksheets:
- Step 1: Writing descriptive words about Easter: Easter egg hunting, chocolate bunnies, Easter baskets, or sacred elements such as the Cross, the empty tomb, the Resurrection of Jesus, etc.
- Step 2: Adding rhythms to the words from step 1
- Step 3: Combining two or more rhythms to form motives
- Step 4: Using your voice to begin creating a melody
- Step 5: Transforming a picture of your voice into a melody
- Step 6: Writing the melody onto staff paper
- Step 7: Adding lyrics if desired
- Step 8: Adding a title, plus additional elements such as dynamics and articulation if desired
The Easter composing worksheets include:
The download includes instructions, worksheets, flash cards, staff paper, and more.
- Worksheets for steps 1-4 above
- Flash cards and music alphabet cards for step 5
- Staff paper for step 6
- Instructions for steps 7-8
- All sheets are in full color as well as black and white
- View the preview for more details and photos
Additional Information About these Easter composing worksheets
- This packet is great to use in multiple class sessions, lessons, group classes, and music camps
- I is a very versatile product that can appeal to multiple elementary age groups
- Even the youngest elementary students can be very successful when composing by following the simple steps included in this resource
- The pages can be used as slides, on iPad or other tablet, printed, and more
- Read a wonderful article with tips for how to use composing worksheets with your students!
How To Use These Easter Composing Worksheets Digitally
- Click here to learn an easy way to use these worksheets digitally.
- This makes the worksheets even more versatile because you can print them to use with your in-person piano students or use them on your iPad when you’re teaching online!
Storing and Organizing the Flash Cards
I love storing these flash cards in colorful 4×6 photo boxes like these (affiliate link). They are my favorites because they’re the perfect size, and the colors are vibrant and fun!
Teachers like you said…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Meaghan S. says, “This was so fun and really let my students show their creativity!“
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Musical Happenings says, “Perfect lesson for the week before spring break!”
❤️ Related resources you’ll love!
If your students enjoyed these Easter composing worksheets, they’ll love these themed composition activities too!
- Composing with S’mores: Guided Music Composition for Elementary Students
- Autumn Composing Guided Music Composition Activity and Worksheets for Piano
- Halloween Music Worksheets: Zombie Composing Guided Music Composition Activity
- Spring Rhythm Composing Activity for Elementary Music and Piano – Spin A Rhythm
Copyright © Melody Payne. All rights reserved.
Purchasing this resources grants you a single user license for use by a single teacher. (Piano teachers: this is a studio license.)
Purchase multiple licenses for multiple users (multiple teachers) at checkout.
Having trouble with a file? Please contact me.
There are no reviews yet.