This fun and engaging composition activity was inspired by one of my favorite campfire treats: S’mores! The pages can be used as slides, on iPad or other tablet, printed, and more. Step by step instructions lead students to compose their very own song over a period of days or weeks depending on your teaching schedule.
To make this composition activity super memorable for your students, serve S’mores at the end of the activity, as students are performing their compositions for each other.
Plus, National S’mores Day is August 10, so you want to be prepared for that!
Includes Worksheets For:
- Step 1: Writing descriptive words about S’mores
- Step 2: Adding rhythms to the descriptive words
- Step 3: Combining two or more rhythms to form motives
- Step 4: Using your voice to begin creating a melody
- Step 5: Transforming a picture of your voice into a melody
- Step 6: Writing the melody onto staff paper
- Step 7: Adding lyrics if desired
- Step 8: Adding a title
- Worksheets for steps 1-4
- Flash cards and music alphabet cards for step 5
- Staff paper for step 6
- Instructions for steps 7-8
- All sheets are in full color as well as ink-friendly partial color
This packet is great to use in multiple class sessions, lessons, group classes, and music camps, and it is a very versatile product that can appeal to multiple elementary age groups. Even the youngest elementary students can be very successful when composing by following the simple steps included in this resource.
There are no reviews yet.