These 32 digital task cards for beginning piano are perfect for your laptop, desktop, Chromebook, tablet, or any other mobile device that can access the internet. They can also be used with SmartBoard. They’re self-grading and no-prep, and they allow you to track student progress. Perfect to use for online piano lessons with at-home learning, distance learning, in class, as homework, with a sub, as a review, and more!
Students will review all concepts presented in Alfred’s Premier Piano Course Lesson Book 1A. For a specific list of music concepts included, please refer to your copy of the Alfred’s Premier Piano Course Lesson Book 1A.
- Multiple choice
- Typing the correct answer
- Clicking the correct answer
- Drag & drop
- Identify music notes, rests, and other symbols
- Recognize parts of the grand staff
- Identify notes going higher or lower
- Recognize steps & skips
- Identify notes on the staff
- Label the music alphabet and piano keys
- Understand time signatures and dynamics
- A clickable link to access 32 digital task cards (1 card per slide) on BOOM Learning™
- Teacher instructions on how to access and use these BOOM Cards™
- Parent instructions
Curious about how to use Boom Cards in online piano lessons? Click here to learn how!
Try it out!
- View the thumbnail images for a closer look at some of the completed cards.
- Click here for a clickable link to play 4 cards from the digital deck.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
I bought these because a few of my in-person students have been stuck in virtual lessons for a few weeks and I wanted to change things up. According to one of them, “I don’t like them—I love them!”
I loved how these gave a solid review of beginning concepts and also gave a friendly way to teach the concepts my students weren’t sure about. I’ll totally be using them frequently!