Is it time for your intermediate piano students to begin learning about enharmonic equivalent notes? This deck of adorable winter-themed penguin Boom Cards reinforces not only identifying notes on the staff, but the additional skill of identifying a second way to “spell” the note on each card that would be its enharmonic equivalent. After playing this deck, the most difficult part about this skill will be simply learning to pronounce “en-har-mon-ic e-quiv-a-lents!”
If students get stuck while playing, the warmly dressed penguin on each card holds a hint! When students tap the penguin, it is replaced by a keyboard so students can quickly and easily find their note on the keyboard and figure out its enharmonic equivalent from there. This means they can also use this deck to practice on vacation, at grandma’s house or anywhere they might need to squeeze in a little practice time without a piano.
Your PDF Download Includes:
- A clickable link to add this deck of 48 Boom cards to your BOOM™ Learning account.
- Cards include every sharp and flat note on the bass staff and treble staff. Notes with naturals are not included on the staff in this deck, but ARE included in the answers on the cards.
- All Boom Cards are self-checking, so students immediately know (and so do you!) if they’ve answered each card correctly.
You’ll love the variety of ways you can use these digital cards in your studio!
- Grab this deck for a quick end-of-lesson game (during an online or in-person lesson) after studying enharmonic equivalents.
- Use it for a quick assessment to make sure your student is understanding the concept.
- Assign for a fun at-home activity after introducing the concept to help with retaining the information all week!
Important BOOM™ Learning Details:
➡ To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge).
➡ Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
➡ For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
➡You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards).
➡ For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account.
If you are new to Boom Learning, you may be eligible for free trial of their premium account. Read Here for details: Boom Trial
If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading). You will not be charged when your free trial expires.”
- Have questions about this file or product? Please click the Ask a Question button and leave a question before leaving a review – I’m happy to help!
Copyright © 2022 Kelly Bordeaux. All rights reserved.
Single User (Studio) License.
Permission to use this resource with your personal students only.
Please purchase additional licenses for each teacher in your studio who will be using this resource with their students. (e.g. Multi-Teacher Studio)
No Fields Found.
I’ve created a simple point system for giving back to loyal customers!
- For every $1 (US dollar) you spend, you earn 1 point!
- 20 points can be redeemed for $1 (US dollar) on a future purchase!
- When you leave feedback (review), you get 10 points!
- Reward Points can be viewed under My Account.
This means that you effectively get 5% back on everything you buy, plus extra points for feedback. Points can be used for anything in the store!
Note: Point award system is subject to change and may be revoked at anytime. View full terms here.
There are no questions yet.
Ask a Question