These 20 ear training music task cards help beginning piano students test their sight-reading and aural skills. They are perfect for your laptop, desktop, Chromebook, tablet, or any other mobile device that can access the internet. They can also be used with SmartBoard. They’re self-grading and no-prep, and they allow you to track student progress. Fabulous to use for piano lessons with at-home learning, music class distance learning, in class, as homework, with a sub, as a review, and more!
- 20 task cards help your students work on their reading and listening skills.
- Answer format: Drag and drop the correct answer.
- The first slide is a set of instructions, both written and aural.
- All slides include 2 written musical examples and one aural example.
- Sight-read both melodies at the piano (If they don’t have a piano, this part can easily be skipped).
- Listen to each melody by tapping the audio icon on the screen.
- Drag the melody they hear into the monster’s mouth.
- Tap submit to check their answer.
- Cards are limited to 20 per round and are randomized so play will be different each time.
- All examples in this deck are in 4/4 time and include quarter notes, half notes, dotted half notes, and whole notes. Includes Bass C, D, E, F, G on the bass staff.
- A cymbal will establish the beat for each example before the melody plays.
- A clickable link to access 20 digital task cards (1 card per slide) on BOOM Learning™
- Teacher instructions on how to access and use these BOOM Cards™
- Parent instructions
⭐️ View the Preview Video and Preview for a closer look. Click here and select “Full-sized preview” to play 4 cards from the digital deck.
Learn how to use Boom Cards™:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.