Adding and subtracting notes and rests is tons of fun with this color by code music math activity! 26 winter-themed music task cards help students review music notes and rests.
They are perfect for your laptop, desktop, Chromebook, tablet, or any other mobile device that can access the internet. They can also be used with SmartBoard. They’re self-grading and no-prep, and they allow you to track student progress. Fabulous to use for piano lessons with at-home learning, music class distance learning, in class, as homework, with a sub, as a review, and more!
- 26 winter-themed music math task cards help students review the number of beats in notes and rests by adding and subtracting the music math problems.
- The sections on each slide fill in automatically when the student selects the correct answer and progresses to the next slide.
- Paired eighth notes/quavers (notes only)
- Quarter notes/crotchets (notes and rests)
- Half notes/minims (notes and rests)
- Dotted half notes/dotted minims (notes only)
- Whole notes/semibreves (notes and rests)
- Students will identify the number of beats in the music math problem, type the correct answer, then click or tap “Submit” to color the winter scene.
- All music math problems have 2 or 3 note and rest values, and include addition and subtraction.
- A clickable link to access 26 digital task cards (1 card per slide) on BOOM Learning™
- Teacher instructions on how to access and use these BOOM Cards™
- Parent instructions
⭐️ View the Preview Video and Preview for a closer look. Click here and select “Full-sized preview” to play 4 cards from the digital deck.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.