Have you ever hosted a piano practice challenge in your studio? These Summer Vibes themed practice charts will make hosting your practice challenge a breeze!
I love challenging my students to practice a specific number of pieces, measures, pages, minutes, days, at a predetermined tempo, or accomplishing a specific goal or goals over a short period of time. Why? Because practice challenges are highly beneficial to students in a number of ways.
- Practice challenge charts that track one to four weeks of practice
- PDF download: Print or use digitally on your iPad
How Practice Challenges Benefit Your Students
- Help students stay on track when preparing for a recital or other performance
- Get students back into the swing of things after a break or at the beginning of the piano year
- Promote consistency in practicing
- Friendly competition
- Require more practicing than some students would normally accomplish on their own
- Some students thrive on being challenged
- Grouping students together can promote teamwork to be successful in the challenge
- Promote responsibility and accountability
- Help build internal motivation over time
- Show students they are more capable than they may have thought
- Encourage creativity in practice time (fitting in a few extra minutes before school, after dinner, etc.)