I created these cards with the Pre-K student in mind, but they’re perfect for beginners in kindergarten and first grade as well. The possibilities for using these rhythm cards are endless! They work well in either the private lesson or group/classroom setting.
- Draw a card and clap, tap, or play the rhythm on a rhythm instrument or piano key of their choice.
- Draw a card and play the rhythms with one hand, then the other.
- Play and echo different rhythms back and forth with the teacher.
- Use the simple beat strips to create short rhythm patterns to clap, tap, or play.
- Take turns drawing a card and performing the rhythm. Keep the card if it is correct, return it to the pile if it is not. The person with the most cards at the end of a set amount of time is the winner.
- Use the cards for body percussion.
- Use the cards as improv ideas. For example, what might it sound like if a mouse ran across the piano keys? How about an elephant?
- Silly songs: Use the word cards to make up silly songs about the animals.
I’m sure you’ll be able to think of many more ways to use these adorable rhythm cards. Have fun!
Click the PREVIEW button for a peek at some of the cards.
1. Print the cards onto card stock, and laminate for best results.
2. If you need help or have questions, please contact me. Contact me by leaving a comment in the product Q&A section, or you may contact me at https://melodypayne.com/contact/
3. Purchasing this item grants you a SINGLE USER LICENSE for use in a single classroom. Purchase multiple licenses for multiple users at checkout. Not for commercial use. Copyright © 2013 Melody Payne. All rights reserved.
4. Leaving thoughtful feedback helps you earn TpT credits to spend! I’d love to hear how much you and your students are enjoying these items, and other buyers benefit from reading your thoughtful feedback, so please leave a few kind words and a super rating below. Thank you!
5. Having trouble with a file? Leave a question on the Q&A tab or submit a support ticket before leaving feedback.
Visit my blog at MelodyPayne.com
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Join me on Pinterest
Sign up for FREEBIES!