Your students will LLOVE practicing note reading with these LLAMA-themed music worksheets! Download includes 30 Christmas song snippets on treble and bass clefs. Students name the notes, sight-sing, sight-play, or sight-read the tune, then “Name That Tune!” The best part is that they won’t even realize they’re doing a worksheet, they’ll be having so much fun.
⭐️ This product DOES NOT include key signatures or time signatures. The goal of this resource is for students to name the tune based solely on reading rhythms and pitches, then they can solve the “mystery” of what each time signature should be, and get some amazing practice on their time signature decoding skills!
- Private lessons (my piano students love them!)
- Music centers
- Music camps
- The sub tub
- And more!
- For even more fun, set your classroom up like a game show and divide your students into teams!
- Students will name each note in the first few measures of a Christmas song.
- Then students can sight-sing or sight-play the song, or the teacher can have the students call the letters they’ve named, and play the song note by note.
- Finally, students will “Name that tune!” by writing the name of the song in the blank.
- If you’re using these worksheets for a game show activity, the team with the most correct notes and/or song titles wins!
- But what if the students don’t know these songs? I’m finding less and less children are familiar with traditional carols. That would make these worksheets a perfect means to teach your students a little bit about the carols’ history, context, etc., then you can teach them each song and sing them as a class.
- All songs in treble clef
- All songs in bass clef
- There are 2 songs per page
- Answer keys
- Up On the Housetop
- Jolly Old St. Nicholas
- Jingle Bells
- We Three Kings
- Silent Night
- Joy to the World
- Good King Wenceslas
- Deck the Halls
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- Go Tell It On The Mountain
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- Away In a Manger
- The First Noel
- O Come, All Ye Faithful/Adeste Fideles
- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- What Child Is This?
- I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
How To Use These Worksheets Digitally
This makes the worksheets even more versatile because you can print them to use with your in-person piano students or use them on your iPad when you’re teaching online!