Everyone deserves the best and most creative music education we can offer!
Hi! I’m Melody. You’re in the right place if:
- You want to create the piano studio you’ve always dreamed of.
- You want to live your best piano teaching life.
- You are looking for innovative ideas to freshen up your piano lessons.
- You need student-oriented materials that are pedagogically sound and student-approved.
- You wish to hear from someone who understands where you are and where you want to be, and knows how to help you get there.
I hear you, friend.
My goal is to provide creative solutions to the issues you face on a daily basis. I’ll draw from my own experiences so you know that I am working hard right beside you to help you live your best piano teaching life.
How I can help:
- I love writing relevant and helpful articles for today’s piano teachers and students. From hosting the perfect recital to teaching your students to sight-read or to accompany, my blog has a variety of articles written just for you, with the success of your students in mind!
- Designing and creating attractive and kid-friendly research-based educational resources for students just like yours is one of my favorite things! From music worksheets and games to classroom & studio decor, you’ll find a variety of resources perfect for your students in my shop.
- I believe there is music in every child, and it is such a joy to help each child I teach fall in love with music! If you are the parent of a K-12 student, I look forward to working with your child and giving your child an amazing set of skills that can be used for a lifetime of musical enjoyment.
Let’s get acquainted!
- I have always loved creating resources for my own students and wanted to share those resources with other teachers, so in October 2013 I began my Teachers Pay Teachers journey so I can make those resources available to teachers and students around the world.
- My passion for creating continues to grow on a daily basis! I love putting together music worksheets and other resources, music decor items, organizational materials, and Bible resources.
- My doctorate in music (music education and piano pedagogy) has given me a ton of tools and knowledge that I use on a daily basis, whether teaching my students, blogging, or creating resources for my store right here on my website.
- My work has been featured on a variety of different sites including TimTopham.com, Musical-U, Clavier Companion Magazine, and others. Read more here.
- My favorite thing in the world is being with my amazing hubby Greg. We LOVE traveling and going on fun adventures together, especially to small towns and national parks, and we truly enjoy exploring new restaurants with amazing food.
- Greg and I have been married since 2010, and we’re loving every minute of it! We live in a home that we renovated in Marion, Virginia, a charming and peaceful town nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of southwest Virginia.
How can I help? I’m here for you.
If you want to read my formal and official bio, click here.