Welcome to the Melody Payne Piano Studio website, and thanks so much for your interest in piano lessons! Here’s a link to photos of the studio space, as well as lots of information about lessons, about the studio, policies, what kind of piano or keyboard you’ll need, and some information about me as well. If you want to read my formal bio, click here.
My studio is unique from most others in this region for several reasons. Here are a few of my favorites.
- I teach students not only how to play the piano, but to read music and to speak the language of music so they can communicate it through their performances.
- My students learn to be independent musicians, which increases their self-confidence not only in music, but in other areas of their lives.
- Technology is a valuable tool that my students and I use to enhance the learning experience in a variety of ways (music learning apps, lessons via Skype and FaceTime, using videos for self-evaluation, and much more).
- Students in my studio are able to study a wide variety of musical styles, and I teach everything from Classical to Pop to Contemporary Christian, Broadway tunes, the Blues, and more, to name a few.
- Students are involved in a variety of programs and educational challenges throughout the year.
- Students have multiple performance opportunities throughout the year.
- We have a TON of fun!
Lesson options include 30-minute lessons, 45-minute lessons, and hour lessons. 30-minute lessons are generally reserved for first and second year students, and once students reach their third year, they are usually ready for 45-minute lessons. We would discuss this when the time arrives.
For the investment of piano lessons, tuition is charged as one yearly fee (contact me for current tuition rates), and there are two payment options to choose from for your convenience:
- Flat monthly payments divided equally across ten months
- Semester payments
In addition to the tuition investment, there is also a $100 yearly enrollment fee that covers all books and materials for the entire year, plus any fees for recitals or other performances, as well as costs and materials for attending group classes in which several students meet together on occasion.
I’m currently accepting new K-12 piano students for the 2017-2018 academic year. It would be a joy to work with your child! Please use the contact form to get in touch, and we’ll arrange to meet in person in my studio for a free mini-lesson. If I have openings in my studio at that time, we will complete the enrollment paperwork, pay the enrollment fee, and lessons will begin soon after that.
I look forward to working with your child and giving your child an amazing set of skills that can be used for a lifetime!